NNNOOOOO!!!!!
Nov. 26th, 2008 04:59 pmTHE BASTARDS CANCELLED 'PUSHING DAISIES'!!!!!
That's it; I'm definitely giving up TV. What's the point of investing even one iota of emotional energy in something that could be arbitrarily cut off at a moment's notice with no possibility of resolution?
When the digital transition hits (*), our TV will not be making the leap with it. We'll rely on other forms of entertainment, and I'll find a way for Eric to still be able to get his weekly dose of football.
GRAAAAH!!!!
(*) And don't even get me started on what a con job THAT is.
That's it; I'm definitely giving up TV. What's the point of investing even one iota of emotional energy in something that could be arbitrarily cut off at a moment's notice with no possibility of resolution?
When the digital transition hits (*), our TV will not be making the leap with it. We'll rely on other forms of entertainment, and I'll find a way for Eric to still be able to get his weekly dose of football.
GRAAAAH!!!!
(*) And don't even get me started on what a con job THAT is.
no subject
Date: 2008-11-27 04:28 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-11-28 05:06 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-11-28 05:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-11-28 05:53 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-11-29 03:17 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-11-28 03:11 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-11-28 05:06 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-11-29 04:04 am (UTC)I HATE THESE MORONS!!!
Why can't we own a network? Quirky, snarky stuff would never get canceled. Joss would have a safe haven. And new talent would have a supportive place to blossom.
(On a side note, Google Chrome keeps telling me that "cancelled" is wrong. So I looked it up. Who knew there were two acceptable spellings? Well, I probably did, just not on a conscious level...I like the one "l" better, though.)
no subject
Date: 2008-11-29 05:02 pm (UTC)As for our own network, I've had ideas for two in my head for years:
1) A network that shows only Quality Shows Cancelled Before Their Time
And
2) A network that contracts with writers for limited-run series only. The length can be anything from one episode to five seasons, as long as the quality is good and the writer can show the direction in the original pitch. The network would select the most successful (and success would be measured by viewer feedback in some capacity, not traditional ratings) from the pool of the writers, and they would be invited to develop more series. Just *think* what Joss could do in that environment.
Anyway, who's in?
no subject
Date: 2008-11-29 05:09 pm (UTC)Now, how would it make enough money to support itself? That's another story. :-)